Drum Tuning App and Drum Sound Guidance for Drummers and Studio Engineers
Take the guesswork out of drum tuning and make your drums sing. Learn how to tune drums with iDrumTune Pro!
Download the app, read our 212-page book and follow our free online tutorial courses. Start your learning journey with drum tuning today!
iDrumTune is the original and most accurate electronic tuner for drums, used by thousands of drummers worldwide. Our app accelerates the learning of drum sound concepts, so you can setup your drums to sound rich and musical. The iDrumTune app and learning materials are based on innovative research by the world’s top professors of drums and percussion.
“a fantastic tool for both drummers and studio engineers seeking that perfect drum sound. It’s a Swiss Army knife for tuning drums.” (Sound on Sound Magazine)
As featured in Modern Drummer – New and Notable, July 2018
iDrumTune App Features:
- Pitch Tuning Mode. High and tight or low and powerful, the choice is yours. Pitch tuning helps you to find the perfect drum sound and overall tone for your drums. Achieve perfected tom, kick and snare tuning quickly, accurately, every time.
- Lug Tuning Mode. Ensures that the drumhead is evenly tensioned, so that the sound decays with a smooth, even tone.
- Resonant Head Tuning Mode. Tune the resonant drumhead to make your drums SING! iDrumTune ensures that the two drumheads are working together, so you achieve rich sonic tones.
- Spectrum Analyzer. Understand the acoustics of drums in more detail, so you can identify which frequencies are excited and heard most prominently.
- Drum Kit Presets. Design, save and recall your favourite drum tunings and share them with the world.
- The Science of Drum Tuning. An extensive manual on the science and art of drum sound and using iDrumTune Pro.
- Free Online Drum Sound Course. Showing you how to get the best from iDrumTune and learn essential concepts about drum tuning.
Very Useful Tools
Amazing Tuning App
Proper Drum Tuning
Powerful Drum Tuning Tool
Drum Sound and Drum Tuning: About The Course
Welcome to our 12-part open-access course for drummers and studio engineers. Specifically presented so that you can achieve the most accurate and creative sounds for performance and recording projects.
The course covers all of iDrumTune Pro’s tuning features and explains how to achieve a professional and personalised drum sound, so you’ll learn how to tune drums whilst developing your hearing and a critical understanding of drum acoustics. Learn specific skills for your different drums, including snare tuning, tom tuning and kick tuning.
After following the course, you’ll be equipped to achieve a perfect drum sound quickly and with confidence, every time!
How Drum Tuning Technology can Benefit You and Your Drums:
Drums are an instrument with an unlimited range of opportunity to personalise and perfect your drum sound. You can control your drum sound through effective tuning, but also by your choice of shells and drumheads too. Tuning or optimising the sound of an instrument isn’t easy; neither guitarists nor pianists tune or tension their instruments without assistance. In fact, the human ear is not well designed for drum tuning, because drums do not create conventional harmonic tones.
Furthermore, drums have a number of drum tuning components; two drumheads with multiple lugs and tension rods, making them one of the hardest instruments to tune well. The iDrumTune Pro app is based on cutting-edge acoustics research, working much like an electronic guitar tuner, but for drums. A simplistic tuning device cannot work for drums, because drumheads vibrate in a very complex manner. So, iDrumTune uses a sophisticated analysis algorithm to identify and evaluate the sonic characteristics of your drums. The iDrumTune app then provides feedback on how to tune the drumheads in order to achieve your perfect drum sound.
Using our app, you can experiment with different drum setups and achieve the same drum sound every night. You’ll become confident in your sound at every gig, for different music styles, and whenever changing drumheads. IDumTune is more accurate than the human ear, so you can always ensure that your drumheads are evenly tensioned. You can also ensure perfect pitch and that your resonant head works in unison with the batter drumhead. Learn how to make your kick drum deep and powerful, get a cracking snare drum tone, and make your toms sing out. So, now you can embark on a journey to fully understand drum tuning, once and for all!